The Cooperative Fund of New England (CFNE) is a community development loan fund and a U.S. Treasury Certified Financial Development Institution (CDFI) that is a bridge between socially responsible investors and cooperatives, community oriented non-profits, and worker-owned businesses in New England (and parts of New York). CFNE’s administrative office is in Wilmington, NC. The organization has a “virtual” office set up, all workers using home offices.
Position: Maine Loan and Outreach Officer
Part Time (1-2 days a week)
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Description: The Loan and Outreach Officer will be chiefly responsible for coordinating and executing all efforts to represent CFNE in Maine. The individual will be responsible for identifying and attracting borrowers, investors, and funders to CFNE. The person will represent CFNE at events and conferences, visit current borrowers, and cultivate relationships with cooperatives, worker-owned businesses, nonprofits in the market area. The individual will also work with the Executive Director (ED) to shape the direction of the organization and support the ED in organization-wide strategic planning.
- identifying borrowers and following up on loan inquiries
- visiting prospective borrowers
- preparing site visit reports and distributing them to Loan Committee members
- visiting current borrowers to check on progress and to maintain communications
- providing technical assistance to or identifying technical assistance needs of current and prospective borrowers
- meeting with financial partners, banks, loan fund officers to package loans
- assisting in the development and implementation of a marketing plan to obtain borrowers
- attending conferences, meetings to represent CFNE
- speaking to individuals and groups about CFNE
- attending all Board of Trustee meetings
Outreach at CFNE is a collaborative process, thus an ability to work well as part of team and also as a leader is critical to the success of this position.
- College degree and a minimum three to five years lending experience
- Experience in the community economic development or financial services fields a plus.
- Commitment to social justice mission and to working as part of a diverse organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate organizational budgets and financial statements
- Ability to work well as part of a team and within a diverse group of people and settings
- Ability to act and react quickly to urgent, unplanned opportunities or needs
- Ability to initiate and juggle multiple projects and work independently
- Regular use of telephone, cell phone and personal computer.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, the Internet and associated programs.
For more information about the Cooperative Fund of New England, visit our website: www.coopfund.coop.
Please email your resume and salary requirements to Rebecca Dunn at email@example.com.