Help grow the cooperative economy in Maine! The Cooperative Maine Business Alliance and the Cooperative Development Institute are hiring a part-time Network Coordinator to help grow our alliance. We are looking for someone to help grow membership, organize events and workshops, facilitate meetings, communicate with co-ops, promote cooperatives and help support legislation that will support Maine co-ops.
If this is you, we encourage you to apply. Cooperative Maine Business Alliance and Cooperative Development Institute are equal opportunity employers. Women and people of color are particularly encouraged to apply for this position. Current members or staff of Maine co-ops are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with network or community organizing
- Experience with cooperatives is preferred
- Communications experience
- Outreach and marketing experience
- Experience with Google docs, listserv management, and website management
- Experience with membership programs
- Experience in event and workshop organizing
- Location in Lewiston/Auburn or Mid Coast (Waldo/Knox Counties) regions is preferred, but not required
Note: CMBA does not have an office so the Coordinator will need to operate out of a home office and provide their own phone, computer, internet connection, and transportation. We will provide reimbursement for travel and some other expenses.
This is a contracted position starting 1/16/18 and running through 6/30/18.
We expect this position to be 15-20 hours a week.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15th.