Co-operative Resource Library
CDI’s resource center offers connections to other support organizations in our main focus areas in addition to materials we have produced.
What is a Cooperative?
Starting a Cooperative
- Saint Mary’s University Management of Co-operatives and Credit Unions program
- Cooperative Academies
- eXtension Cooperative Community of Practice
- Co-op Zone (Canadian)
- Co-op Learning Centre (Canadian)
- NASCO organizer’s handbook on starting a housing co-op
- NCDF Toolboxes on consumer, housing, worker co-ops and more
- Food Co-op Initiative
Let us remember the teaching of Akiba, spoken when a small group of the Rabbis were hiding in an attic from the Roman army — for Rome had forbidden both the study and doing of Torah, on pain of death. The Rabbis were debating: Which is greater, study or action? For which should we risk our lives? Finally, Akiba said: “Study is greater, if it leads to action.”